NZMCC membership is as diverse as the sector and includes cultivators, breeders, manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, health educators, physicians, allied health professionals, lab technicians, researchers, academics, policymakers, interested citizens and students.
10 Great Reasons to Be a Member
1. Connection: You are connected to a larger group banded together to produce positive results for medicinal cannabis patients and the sector supporting them.
2. Annual Educational Conference: The annual Conference provides quality education and networking for industry professionals, and you receive a SIGNIFICANT discount by being a member. You can contribute to the content, help plan the Conference or attend to enhance your professional development.
3. Public Policy / Advocacy: You can contribute to the strong advocacy program centered on assuring that medicinal cannabis sector voices are being heard. The Government Liaison Committee prepares regulatory updates/alerts, and keeps track of public policy issues under consideration by the Government.
4. Free Informational Services: The association keeps members in touch with each other and current issues through the association’s web site and email updates of emerging issues relevant to the medicinal cannabis industry.
5. Networking: You have many opportunities to network with medicinal cannabis professionals in Aotearoa NZ, building your contacts, sharing ideas, best practices and solutions to enhance your current job, find opportunities for career enhancement, etc. Networking events range from Annual Conferences to regional meetings.
6. Affiliation: You will have affiliation with YOUR professional association and nearly 100 medicinal cannabis professionals across the country.
7. Discounts on Educational Offerings: You receive reduced registration fees at all NZMCC sponsored events.
8. Leadership Opportunities: You are provided opportunities to learn and practice leadership and meeting management skills that you may need for your resume, professional growth or self-promotion. Opportunities are available on the Board, committees and special projects.
9. Recognition: You can be recognised or can recognise your colleagues for their achievements in medicinal cannabis. Some of our heroes work right next to us every day!
10. Empowerment: You are part of a larger community. You are empowered to get involved in issues that affect your personal and professional communities and your quality of life.